HEALTHY EATING 101! Nothing goes better with Bar Method than healthy eating! Look at this delicious BIG VEGAN BOWL, from Oh She Glows (ohsheglows.com)! It’s the perfect post-workout delight — get in my belly!
- 1 large sweet potato, chopped
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 large carrot, peeled & julienned
- Purple cabbage, shredded
- Couple handfuls of greens for the base (optional)
- Sliced avocado
- Hulled hemp seeds
- Preheat oven to 400° and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Spread out the chopped sweet potato on one sheet. Drizzle with 1/2 tablespoon of oil and toss the potatoes. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- For the roasted chickpeas: Drain and rinse the chickpeas and then place on a large tea towel and pat until completely dry. Discard any skins that fall off. Transfer the chickpeas to the baking sheet and drizzle with 1/2 teaspoon oil, rubbing them with your hands until lightly coated. Sprinkle with fine grain sea salt and your favorite spices (i.e., garlic powder, chili powder, cumin and/or cayenne). Toss gently to combine.
- Place both the sweet potato and chickpeas into the preheated oven. Roast for 15 minutes. Remove from oven, flip the sweet potatoes and gently roll the chickpeas. Put back in the oven for another 15 minutes, watching closely during the last 5 minutes. When the chickpeas are golden and the sweet potatoes are lightly browned on the bottom and fork tender, they are ready!
- Meanwhile, cook the quinoa according to package directions. Remove from heat and leave the lid on to steam for another 5 minutes or longer if needed. Fluff with fork.
- Assemble the bowl: While the roasted veggies and chickpeas cool (about 5 minutes), put greens into a large shallow bowl. Add the sweet potato, chickpeas, sliced avocado, hummus, shredded veggies, and hemp seeds. ENJOY!